Come and work for us…
Worship Central Intern – September 2018
We have teamed up with our friends at Emmaus Road in Guildford, and Worship Central, to offer an exciting year from emerging Worship Leaders!
Why are we offering an Intern scheme?
This is an exciting time in the life of the church, as we have just launched our Five Year Vision, to be a people who are Committed, Connected and Courageous. Strengthening our worshipping life, and unleashing creativity within the life of the Church, is a vital part of that.
What are the details?
- Starting September 2018, in partnership with Emmaus Rd
- Running 10 months to end of June 2019
- St Mary’s would pay the tuition fee & travel costs for the Worship Central Academy (which includes multiple retreats, teaching, skype groups, essays, reading & attending a few events)
- St Mary’s would offer our intern a monthly maintenance allowance to help with living costs
- We would seek to find you local accommodation with one of our church families and cover any associated costs
- They are expected to lead or help lead worship every Sunday morning at St Mary’s, and are then invited either to attend or serve at the Emmaus evening service where they can form community with others of a similar age
- They will attend weekly Tuesday morning staff meetings at St Mary’s and spend another half day or so per week doing St Mary’s related worship admin
- They are invited to attend a weekly St Mary’s Small Group or Emmaus collective suitable for their age (possibly students) as well as any Emmaus worship events (team nights, workshops etc)
- They can join the Emmaus worship intern in any training/work with Peter Burton, Worship Pastor at Emmaus Road, who will help develop them as a worship leader & musician
The Worship Intern role entails working 9am-1pm on a Sunday (with the possibility of also being involved in the monthly youth service between 4.30pm and 6pm) ideally working on a Tuesday, which is when the weekly staff meeting happens, and being involved in occasional ad-hoc ministry events.
What other kind of support will be provided?
We want to support, equip & encourage our intern so that they leave stronger and better skilled than when they arrived, ready to be blessing wherever they end up. To this end, our Intern will be given a variety of support and investment.
They will get to join us at a variety of Leadership Conferences, including the Willow Creek Global Leadership Summit each October (which has proved significant for us as a church); have the opportunity to attend any other leadership conferences (like HTB Leaders in May or New Wine Leadership Conference in March) that are appropriate each year, and will also have the opportunity to join us at the New Wine Summer conference.