Heart + Soul
Heart + Soul is our women’s ministry here at St Mary’s.
We meet as a group of local women from St Mary’s and the community a few times a term, to connect, build stronger and deeper relationships and explore our Christian faith together through speakers, informal discussions and socials.
Some of our recent events include:
• An evening looking at how we value disability within the church. With a specific look into the NIPT screening test in pregnancy and its predicted impact, with guest speaker Lois Bunyan.
• A social quiz night where we were put to the test by resident quiz master June Bailey (it wasn’t in the least competitive!)
• A women’s breakfast in The Wheelhouse where we looked at the topic of radical hospitality. We heard from one of our New Wine speakers, Gaby Doherty, on her experience of being on scene in the aftermath of the Grenfell Fire.
• Our popular wreath making event at Christmas, with a thought on the real meaning of Christmas.
• A talk on Christian mindfulness from Suzette Jones, Health & Wellbeing Adviser for the Diocese of Guildford.