Men’s Stuff was started in October 2013 by a small group of men from St. Mary’s following a summer break at New Wine in Somerset. The attendance varies from month to month but typically 10 to 15 men attend each get together.
We actively encouraged men to attend but there is no obligation to come on a regular basis. It is however a great way to get to know your fellow Christians in a relaxed environment.
Men’s Stuff meet monthly – usually on the 3rd Thursday of the month – at someone’s house at 8pm.
Thursday 17th May – Curry Night!
Join us at 7.30pm in Kirthon Curry House, Station Parade, for a great evening together.
- Drinks, Nibbles and a chat
- Bible reading and Prayers
- Hot topic of the month – this will often be something that has been in the news and addresses what as Christians we can do to help and pray for.
- A talk on an aspect of the Bible’s teachings and what that means to us as followers of Christ
- Questions and Answers
- Prayers and finish at around 10pm
Throughout the year Men’s stuff also arranges other events, both for men and for families to go for walks, play golf, BBQ’s, curry evenings with a glass of wine or beer and we have also attended other events and conferences at other churches and venues that are aimed at Men. Some of the events are more of a social event rather than just for Men from Church, so it is a great opportunity to invite along friends that are not currently Christian but might just want to come and look.